Children’s intercultural adaptation - Cross-Cultural Training
- Realistic understanding the impact of moving
- Anger and resentment about the move - homesickness and loneliness
- Adjustment and culture shock - family in transition
- Familiarization with host country - getting to know the conditions of the new destination
- Culture: What’s it all about?
- How do I fit in? - interaction with the local culture
- Transition fun - exploration of the new city
- New home & neighborhood
- Making friends - relationships with the local children
- Life in your new country
- Strategies for everyday life and for adapting to the new country
- Support from parents
- Adjustment & Adaptation - h ow to manage change
Being informed is very important to children.
One of the worst mistakes parents can make is to assume that kids won't understand the impact of moving.